Thursday, September 13, 2012

Driving Around In My Automobile

I think I've got a real "car guy" on my hands. Our friends, Kris and Alicia, gave Lucas this buggy, a hand-me-down that was given to them from another friend. This buggy has probably clocked more miles than my car. (As an aside, I'm looking forward to handing this buggy down to someone else, as it's had a wonderful life of giving little ones rides, and I hope it can continue to make another child as happy as it's made Lucas.)

This summer, Matt and I have spent many hours driving Lucas around our neighborhood in the evenings. In addition to "wooing" the little girls up the street, who now ask if they can push him around, he's made several canine friends. Doodleboy, Abbey, and Maverick always come to the sidewalk to say a little hello. It's been fun to see Lucas interact with the neighbors and wave to people walking by. He's gotten good at being a politician: he high fives the guys on our street, smiles at other babies, and gets all cute and flirty with the older ladies. This one might run for office one day!



1 comment: